Just another CUNY Academic Commons site
Description of Portfolio Goals and Design Assignment

1. Your goals for the digital portfolio you will create in this course. Some questions to consider include: What do you most want to get out of creating the portfolio? How do you think the portfolio will help you as a student and as a writer? Who is your intended audience for your portfolio? What purpose would you like your portfolio to serve for you and for others (if applicable)? What do you want your portfolio to look like and feel like?

When creating this portfolio I want to be more organized with my paperwork, putting in a place where I can find each subject of the course. This portfolio wil help me as a student because it will be easier to give in the work and be more organized of the assignment I have been given. As a writer I will know where to put my work in each folder, knowing where to post my work at, better for me and the teacher to work with. The intended audience of my portfolio would be the rest of the students and the teacher because they know where the link is located, and could check it out. The purpose I want my portfolio to serve is the work I would be doing in that class and hoping it’s good if not they would be able to see and hopefully give some tips on what I need to work on. To be honest I want my portfolio to be simple but clean too because I like it that way, I want it to feel like it’s easy to access for me and the rest of the people seeing it and could understand every detail of it. Overall the portfolio is a key element for me to use in the later future or even now to be more organized and less worried of where my work is at.

2. Discuss how the organization and visual design of

your portfolio will allow you to achieve the goals you outlined in #1. Keep in my mind that this may change as you build the portfolio over the course of the semester.

The organization and visual design of my portfolio will help me achieve my goals by helping me understand the work I am doing, and helping me later in the future if I need to put work in a folder I could easily understand how to do it, making my life less stressful and more organized. I just want it to keep me designing my website just in case in the future I want to create one so this is like a mini version of one.  Over the semester I hope my design of my portfolio will look better then how it 1st used to look like, it will help me be more focus on it.